The strangest secret by Earl Nightingale
When we say about 5% achieved success, we have to define success: “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy deal”. If a man is working toward a predetermined goal and knows where he is going, that man is a success.
Have you ever wondered why so many men work so hard and honestly without ever achieving anything in particular, and others don’t seem to work hard and yet seem to get everything? It is because of goals. People with goals, succeed because they know where they are going.
Throughout all history, the great wise men and teachers,philosophers and prophets have disagreed with one another on many different things. It is only on one point that they are in complete and unanimous agreement and that point is: “we become what we think about”.
We can achieve nothing without paying the price. What is the price?
First, it’s understanding emotionally as well as intellectually - that we literally become what we think about - ‘as you sow, so shall you reap’.
Secondly, it’s cutting away all the fetters from the mind and permitting it to soar. It’s the realization that your limitations are self-imposed and that the opportunities for you today are enormous beyond itself. It is rising above narrow-minded pettiness and prejudice.
Thirdly, to use all your courage to force yourself to think positively on your problems; to set a definite and clearly-defined goals for yourself; to let your marvelous mind think about your goal from all possible angles; to let your imagination speculate freely upon many solutions
Fourth, save at least 10% of what you earn
30 day action ideas for putting the strangest secret to work for you:
- Write down on a card what it is you want more than anything else. Make sure it is the single goal oriented.
- Think about it in a cheerful, relaxed, positive way each morning when you get up
- Look at the abundance all around you as you go about your daily business.
- Stop thinking what is your fear or negative feelings
- If a person wants more, he must be of more service to those from whom he received and returns.
Bible quote: “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you”.
An outstanding doctor recently pointed out six steps that will help you to realize success:
- Set yourself a definite goal
- Quit running yourself down
- Stop thinking of all reasons why you can’t and think of all reasons why you can
- Trace your attitude back to your childhood and try to discover where you first got the idea you couldn’t be a success, if there is the way you have been thinking.
- Change to the image you have of yourself by writing out a description of the person you would like to be
- Act the part of the successful person you have decided to become