December 28, 2014

Little red book of selling - Jeffrey Gitomer



Little red book of selling - Jeffrey Gitomer
12.5 principles of sales greatness - how to make sales forever

If they like you and they believe you and they trust you and they have confidence in you... they they may buy from you

People don’t like to be sold, but they love to buy

Why they buy - an answer every salesperson needs

·         I like my sales rep
·         I understand what I am buying
·         I perceive a difference in the person and the company that I am buying from
·         I perceive a value in the product that I am purchasing
·         I believe my sales rep
·         I have confidence in my sales rep
·         I trust my sales rep
·         I am comfortable with my sales rep
·         I feel that there is a fit of my need and his/her product or service
·         The price seems fair, but it is not necessarily the lowest
·         I perceive that this product or service will increase my productivity
·         I perceive that this product or service will increase my profit
·         12.5 I perceive that my sales person is trying to help me build my business in order to earn his. My sales person is a valuable resource to me

What is your biggest fear... speaking, rejection or failing?

We live in a world of negative conditioning. The three big motivators are... fear, greed and vanity. They drive American sales process and sales people

To make the most of a networking event, spend 75% of your time with people you don’t know.

It is not hard sell, but heart sell. Good questions get to the heart of the problem/need/situation very quickly - without the buyer feeling like he or she is being pushed.

You can debate how much humor to use, but you cannot deny the power of laughter as a universal bond from human to human, and from human to sales order form

One at a time, brick by brick, remove the risks that the buyer perceives as  fatal mistakes in his decision making process. Then drive home the rewards, both emotionally and logically.

The more chances than you dare. You’ll make more sales than you expect. That is the formula.
What’s the difference between failure and success in sales people?

  1. Believe you can. I wanna be a success! I wanna be a success!
  2. Have the right associations. Network where the best customers and prospects go.
  3. Expose yourself to what’s new. If you’re not learning every day – your competition is.
  4. Plan the day. Are your plans and goals in front of your face every day?
  5. Become valuable. Become known as a resource, not a salesperson.
  6. Have the answers your prospects and customers need.
  7. Take responsibility. Get the job done no matter what. Don’t blame others or yourself.
  8. Take action. Nothing happens until you do something to make it happen.
  9. Make mistakes. The best teacher is failure. It is the breeding ground of self-determination.
  10. Be willing to risk. Taking chances is a common thread among every successful person. Most people won’t risk because they fear the unknown. If you want to succeed, you’d better be willing to risk whatever it takes to get there.
  11. Keep your eyes on the prize. Post your goals. Stay focused on your dreams and they will become reality.
  12. Balance yourself. Your physical, spiritual and emotional health are vital to your success. Plan your time to allow your personal goals to be synergized with your work goals.
  13. Invest, don’t spend. Reduce your spending and make a few investments each month.
  14. Stick at it until you win. Most people fail because they quit too soon.
  15. Develop and maintain a positive attitude.
  16. Ignore idiots and zealots. These people will try to rain on your parade because they have no parade of their own. Avoid them at all costs.

What does it take to be number one?

  1. A contagious positive attitude
  2. Excited about the prospect of helping others
  3. Self-assured, not arrogant
  4. I like people and they like me
  5. Not just ‘book smart’
  6. If I am not having fun, what’s the point
  7. I do everything full force
  8. Unspoken integrity, Visible honest
  9. I concentrate on the details without getting caught up in them
  10. I’m kid-like happy on the inside.

Golden Rule: If you make a sale, you can earn a commission. If you make a friend, you can earn a fortune

12.5 PRINCIPLES OF SALES GREATNESS

Principle #1 – Kick Your Own Butt
No one will do it for you. No one really wants to help you. Very few will inspire you. And even fewer will care about you.

Principle #2 – Prepare to Win, or Lose to Someone Who Is
In order to be a success at sales or life, the first thing you have to master is homework.

Principle #3 – Personal Branding is Sales; It’s Not Who You Know, It’s Who Knows You

Principle #4 – It’s All About Value, It’s All About Relationship, It’s Not About Price
All things being equal, people want to do business with their friends. All things being not quite so equal, people STILL want to do business with their friends.

Principle #5 – It’s Not Work, It’s NETwork
Networking is a mandatory function of business for sales people.

Principle #6 – If You Can’t Get In Front of the Real Decision Maker, You Lose.

Principle #7 – Engage Me and You Can Make Me Convince Myself

Principle #8 – If You Can Make Them Laugh, You Can Make Them Buy!
Making people smile or laugh puts them at ease and creates an atmosphere more conducive for agreement

Principle #9 – Use Creativity to Differentiate and Dominate

Principle #10 – Reduce Their Risk, And You’ll Convert Selling To Buying
Eliminate risk and prospects are more likely to buy.

Principle #11 – When You Say It About Yourself, It’s Bragging. When Someone Else Says It About You, It’s Proof.
Your reputation is everything

Principle #12 – Antennas Up! Using Your 6th Sense, the Sense of Selling.
If your dominant senses you radiate are positive, you can make sales – lots of them.

Principle #12.5 – Resign Your Position as General Manager of the Universe.



No comments: